Monday, March 9, 2009

Sonoma Babes!

I got a call today from an old colleague of mine. She and a group of friends from her college days at USC are planning a fun getaway weekend to Sonoma, California to celebrate turning 50, and she wondered if I could help them put together a logo.

She thought it would be fun to go with a "Hawaii Five-O" sort of theme (for the big 5-0), but with a bit more elegance. Since the ladies will be enjoying wine country on their getaway, we also thought it would be fun to incorporate that element of the trip into the logo.


They sent me a wave graphic that they liked...











...and their preferred fonts, and here's what I came up with...









The logo will be embroidered on cute khaki tote bags, as well as navy shirts, so it was important that we stuck with colors that would work on dark and light backgrounds.

I'm excited to see the final results once the embroidery is finished!