Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Rail Inspired Wedding

When browsing around the Lucky Luxe blog one day, I found this great rehearsal dinner invitation designed by Erin:

























This is what she had to say about it:
"Because this dinner is being held in the historic Laurel Train Depot, the bride wanted something train themed for the invitation. I designed a train boarding pass for all guests that would incorporate the nostalgia of the building into the invitation. The month and day will be hole punched, and the PM beside 7:00 circled with a red pen to give it authenticity. I also added a scan of the finished envelope (after mailing)."

I was so inspired by this awesome invite, that I wanted to try my hand at putting together an inspiration board for a rail inspired wedding.

Imagine all of your guests boarding a train at dusk, welcomed by red wine and candlelight. You're adorned in a gorgeous ivory gown, your bridesmaids in gold. As you say your vows, the train rocks down an old track, curving through mountains only illuminated by moonlight. After the ceremony, your guests move to the dining car where they are treated to filet mignon, followed by delectable red velvet wedding cake.

Mmmm. Makes me want to plan another wedding!


(click to enlarge)



















Picture Credits (from top left): Vintage Train and Feathered Hairpiece (No Credit. Please comment if this is your photo and you would like it removed or credited. Thanks!); Bouquet (Martha Stewart Weddings); Antique Lantern (www.niagaraculturaltourism.com); Dining Car (www.wataugavalleynrhs.com); Ties (Ralph Lauren); Vintage Steamliner Drawing (www.oracle.net); Red Velvet Wedding Cake (Martha Stewart Weddings); Bridal Gown (Watters); Bridesmaid Gown (Watters); Train Ticket Rehearsal Invite (Lucky Luxe); Pouring Wine (www.moreintelligentlife.com).

1 comment:

Katie Apker said...

Hey Stacey -

I couldn't find an email address to contact you, so hopefully this comment finds you. I am interested in having you design a new logo for my company. I was hoping for one fairly soon as I am being featured in the upcoming Oregon Bride. Shoot me an email I and can give you more details.

Thanks!

Katie Apker - Fleur Bliss
katie@fleurbliss.com

P.S. Loved your wedding - flowers, design, and especially photography!